Teeth irregularities such as minor tooth decay and other damages can be unsightly. These issues, however, can be easily treated using fillings. Dental Fillings can be in the form of amalgam, composite, or porcelain. At Madison Family Dental, we provide tooth-colored fillings to improve our patient’s teeth appearance and overall oral health.
Dental plaques, tartar, and food debris, combined with the acids produced by bacterias inside the mouth can erode the teeth enamel. A cavity can start as a small hole on the teeth but may eventually worsen. If left untreated, tooth decay can spread and affect the neighboring teeth. The hole will deepen and may reach the dentin, the layer next to the tooth enamel. Tooth-colored fillings are the ideal solution to treat these minor teeth damages.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Blend with the natural tooth
Tooth-colored fillings provide a favorable outcome. The materials used are a combination of plastic resin and silica fillers that match the patient’s natural teeth structures. For patients who want to have a discreet treatment, tooth-colored fillings are for you.
Preserve more of the natural teeth
Some teeth restoration procedures require undercutting to secure the bond of the filling to the teeth. Tooth-colored fillings, on the other hand, do not remove the natural teeth structures to do so. To top it all, it is a safe and effective dental treatment.
Compared to other treatments available in the market, tooth decay can be treated in one visit by tooth-colored fillings. The dentist will start cleaning the affected tooth by removing the decay or existing fillings. Next is the application of the filling material. The dentist will then wait for a few minutes to let the material harden and dry. Lastly, the surface will be polished to have a tooth-like appearance. To ensure that the fillings are successfully attached, the dentists will check the treated tooth and the patient’s bite.
Tooth-Colored Fillings Care Tips
- Tooth-colored fillings are durable and would last long if proper care and maintenance are observed. It should be treated like natural teeth. Aside from following the dentist’s recommendations, patients can do the following:
- Brush the teeth at least twice each day, especially when waking up and before going to bed.
- Floss the teeth every single day to ensure that food particles and plaques are removed from teeth surfaces.
- Rinse the mouth after consuming a meal.
- Limit sugary snacks or beverages.
- Use toothpaste and tap water which contains fluoride.
- Schedule an appointment regularly for the dentist to check the fillings and examine oral health.
Suspect you have a cavity? Let us help you restore and regain your teeth’s function. Avail of our Tooth-Colored Fillings in Dumont, NJ. Book an appointment with us at Madison Family Dental.